The Nonprofit Resource Group (NRG) was initiated because nonprofits, and other not-for-profit organizations such as schools, universities and government entities, are key economic drivers of frontier communities. Moreover, they are an essential piece of the larger social safety net and are on the front lines of identifying and delivering essential human services in frontier communities. To do all this, nonprofits need to be strong, resilient and innovative. NRG staff and consultants are dedicated to helping build and sustain nonprofit organizations and community coalitions so that they can fulfill these roles effectively and sustainably, in partnership with private business and government.
- Professional, affordable consulting services to your nonprofit organization, service club or community coalition. NRG specializes in rural and frontier communities and understand that resources – especially for organizational and professional staff development – may be limited. To address this, NRG offers a sliding-fee scale for its services, based on your organization’s operating budget. Call our office at (575) 597-0035 for more information.
- Access to resources through our on-line resource database and on-site lending library. NRG subscribes to Foundation Directory Online and can assist you with grant searches to help identify potential funding sources.
- Affordable training and workshop opportunities to nonprofit staff, management and board members
- Peer-learning opportunities with our upcoming Learning Circles.
- Advocacy for the nonprofit sector and the populations it serves.
- Remote meeting expertise: Operating a nonprofit in the frontier is much more effective when you can schedule and execute reliable, regular meetings with colleagues around the world.
And don’t forget our Curbside Consulting program, that offers free brief consultation to existing and aspiring nonprofits in New Mexico. We have nonprofit experts with decades of experience available to discuss any topic.
Consultations are one hour or less, and are available in person, or by email, telephone or video conference.
Schedule your appointment today by emailing NRG@swchi.org or calling (575) 597-0035.
Curbside Consulting is made possible by the generous support of The McCune Charitable Foundation, the Town of Silver City New Mexico, Grant County New Mexico, and Freeport McMoRan, Inc.