Donate to strengthen “The Voice of the Frontier”
November 17, 2017
Celebrate 20 year of transforming the frontier by donating $20 to National Center of Frontier Communities! A dollar to celebrate each year of our efforts to spotlight the frontier America.
A generous, and anonymous, board member has pledged to match any donations made from now until the end of 2017. With a donation $500 or more, you will receive a complimentary fine art print by photographer Kirk Gittings.
The National Center for Frontier Communities is a nonprofit organization that counts on our friends and supporters to help us continue our work. Your tax-deductible contribution insures we can continue to advocate for our nation’s most sparsely populated and isolated communities.
Our recent successes in the frontier includes:
- A health impact assessment was completed, which took an in-depth look at the emergency food systems in frontier. Policy, infrastructure and nutrition issues were revealed.
- The effect of climate change on frontier economies across the nation was studied in 2017 and reported in The Future of Frontier.
- Annually, NCFC convenes frontier experts to explore innovations and challenges in frontier healthcare and how to improve these systems.
- We advocate for important federal policy issues that influence frontier, such as Payment In Lieu of Taxes, Farm Bill, telecommunications and other issues.
- In 2017, NCFC helped to improve the capacity of over 50 frontier nonprofit organizationsthrough training, technical assistance and consulting through the Nonprofit Resource Group.
- We are working to take rural and urban food hub models and adapt them to be culturally and economically appropriate to frontier communities.
- We are working to take rural and urban substance abuse prevention practices and adapting them to be culturally appropriate to frontier communities.
Donate now through PayPal link. We gladly accept personal checks, please send your check to:
National Center for Frontier Communities
301 W. College Ave, Ste. 16
Silver City, NM 88061
Remember, there are 812 frontier counties in the U.S.A. that deserve to be heard, and your donation aids to amplify the Voice of the Frontier!